Division of Nursing, Midwifery & Social Work
Bachelor of Midwifery (Hons)
The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint a programme and subject External Examiner for the Bachelor of Midwifery (Hons) programme. This post will cover year 2 of the programme (Level 5) which is focussed on complex care in relation to pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period, medicines management and the start of case loading.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External Examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available. External Examiners for the programme are expected to visit at least one practice learning environment (placement) per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years, commencing 1st October 2018.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
- Current registration with the NMC as a midwife including a recordable teaching qualification
- Master’s Degree in a related area
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s External Examiners Guidance
Expressions of interest, by CV from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues, should be sent to email@example.com.