The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint a subject external examiner for the Bachelor of Midwifery (Hons) programme. This role will cover year 3 of the programme (Level 6) which encompasses; dissertation, caseload management, contemporary midwife practitioner – incorporating NHS Newborn and Infant Physical Examination theory, midwifery emergencies, and parenting for early years.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be made available. The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
External examiners for the BMidwif (Hons) programme would be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
- Current registration with the NMC as a midwife including a recordable teaching qualification
- Master’s Degree in a related area
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners. Guidance for External Examiners
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the relevant subject.
Expressions of interest, by CV from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues should be sent by the 30th April 2019 to Katie.Gray@manchester.ac.uk