We are looking for a dedicated individual to undertake the role of external examiner for a part of our post-graduate Continuing Professional Development programme at Sheffield Hallam University from January 2019.
Your role and responsibilities would include:
- confirming the comparability of standards of student performance at Sheffield Hallam University with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education;
- confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound, and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students;
- Reporting and advising on the above by means of approving coursework and examination papers and providing an annual report to the University.
You should have appropriate expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the assurance of academic standards in Higher Education. Knowledge of the development of both the Recovery Movement and the implementation of a Recovery Approach to mental health are also essential. Additionally, an awareness of the implications for health professionals, users of mental health services and organisations is important.
The appointees will be required to moderate a sample of scripts in relation to selected modules within the above programmes. You will also be required to produce an annual report and attend Assessment Boards as appropriate.
You will also be required to attend an Induction session at the University.
Please send expressions of interest and an accompanying CV containing the following information:
- Current and recent employment history
- HE and Professional Qualifications
- Current and previous external examiner engagements
- Experience of course/module leader roles
- Teaching experience
- Research and related Scholarly/ Professional Activity/ Consultancy