The Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery, King’s College London is seeking to appoint external examiners for the following;
- Mental Health post- qualification provision (BSc Mental Health Care, BSc Evidence Based Psychosis and BSc Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Acute Care post- qualification provision (BSc Nursing Practice, BSc Independent Practice and BSc Adult Nursing) responsible for modules focusing on acutely ill patients and cardiac care.
- Specialist Care post- qualification provision (BSc Critical Care Nursing, BSc Clinical Practice) responsible for specialist modules with a focus on renal, liver and theatre care nursing.
- Women’s health post-qualification provision with a focus on women’s health and infection control (BSc Women’s Health)
We would welcome expressions of interest from senior academics committed to developing the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
The Role of External Examiner is to assure the quality of awards with respect to national standards. Key duties include:
- Advising boards of examiners on the content and standard of assessment
- Moderating samples of exam scripts and other assessed materials
- Attending boards of examiners to approve pass lists and degree classifications
- Advising on academic misconduct and appeal cases
- Submitting an annual report to the College Principal
An annual payment will be made on receipt of the annual report and expenses incurred when visiting the Faculty at our campus in central London will be met in full.
The Faculty requests that the successful candidates take up the post as soon as possible.
To express an interest, please send a copy of your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to Simon Eades, Head of Student Services, email@example.com.