We are seeking a replacement external examiner for the Post Graduate Certificate: Transforming Practice for Professionals through Education commencing September 2018 for a period of 4 years.
Transforming Practice for Professionals through Education offers an UKPSF HEA Fellowship (D2) award, which is the route for students to gain NMC stage 4 Nurse Teacher and has APPLE accreditation with the College of Occupational Therapy. https://www.brighton.ac.uk/courses/study/Transforming-Practice-for-Health-Professionals-through-Education-PGCert.aspx
One External Examiner is required for this course plus the Practice Teacher module (NMC, Stage 3)
The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners with annual workshops and normally expects them to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Please be advised that the University applies the following criteria for appointment:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last 5 years;
- He/she will be registered with the NMC and have stage 4 Nurse Teacher recognition;
- He/she will be registered with the HEA at a minimum of a D2 Fellow.
The PGCERT is an inter-professional course consisting of 3 modules delivered over 12 months appealing to registered healthcare practitioners who have either an educational role in their current practice or are looking to develop one. You will also be responsible for the Practice teacher module (20 credits L6/7) delivered over a 12-month period.