The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, at Northumbria University, is looking to appoint an External Examiner for our Positive Behavioural Support Programme. The appointed external examiner will have responsibility for an identified number of modules within the programme. The appointed external examiner will have opportunities to meet with the other external examiners and external examiners in other healthcare fields. Applicants should hold an MSc in Applied Behavioural Analysis and/or Positive Behavioural Support. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance will be provided for those new to this role.
- Level 6/7 Post Graduate Cert/Advanced Diploma in Leading PBS
- Level 4 Certificate in Facilitating PBS in Teams
- Level 4 Award of Competence in PBS
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant academic and/or professional qualifications to at least the level of the qualification being externally examined,
- Sufficient standing, credibility and breadth of experience within the subject to be able to command the respect of academic peers
- Familiarity with the standard expected of students to achieve the award that is to be examined.
The appointment will be effective from 1 August 2018, for a four-year term.
A formal expression of interest letter and accompanying detailed CV should be sent to Claire Dosdale.