The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an external examiner for the following modules:
- Delivering Quality Care through Work Based Learning L6 & L7
- Patient Centred Leadership – Level 6
- Dissertation L6
- Leadership Strategies to Improve the Patient Experience L7
- Preceptorship through work based learning L6 & L7
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in nursing (All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. Successful applicants would be appointed with immediate effect for a term of four years, and would be joining an established and supportive external examiner team. The assessment boards are all held on our Brentford campus.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Have current registration with the NMC
- Be employed in Higher Education, and have experience teaching and assessing at levels 6 and 7.
- Moderating samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
- Attend the annual Field Reviews.
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submitting an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, in the first instance to:
Senior Lecturer, Academic Quality Lead
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London
0208 209 4118