University College Birmingham require an External Examiner specialising in Physiotherapy for the BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy programme. This contract is for four years will commence September 2020.
The successful candidate will need to be higher education academic with experience in course design and delivery at a minimum of undergraduate level 6, be of senior lecturer position or higher at a UK University or College. The candidate must be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and be a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP). It is desirable that candidates have had previous external examiner experience. Examination Boards are held twice a year at the end of February/beginning of March and end of June/beginning of July. Our standard fee for External Examiners of Undergraduate Degree programmes is £400 per academic year in addition to travel and subsistence fees incurred whilst on UCB business.
- Review draft assessment briefs and examination papers at the beginning of each semester and comment on the appropriateness, clarity and rigour of assessment design.
- Attend twice a year for student meetings, academic staff meetings, examination boards and viewing student work.
- Provide judgement and recommendations on subject content and whether assessment practice measures student achievement against learning outcomes in the context of the relevant regulations, subject benchmarks and sector norms.
- Submit an annual report to help ensure academic standards and student achievement are comparable with other UK Higher Education Institutions of which the Examiner has experience.
- Provide guidance and expertise to the programme team as required.
Please email any questions or expressions of interest, photocopy of the evidence of your right to work in the UK together with a CV which demonstrates your suitability for the role highlighting your current teaching responsibilities and previous external examiner positions to email@example.com by the deadline of Friday 31st July 2020