The University of South Wales is seeking to appoint a course external examiner to oversee our PG Dip/MA Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy and PGD/MA Consultative Supervision
The appointment will commence 1 September 2018 and the tenure of appointments is for a period of four years. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University Academic Board, therefore you must not have had any formal links with the University of South Wales (or its partner institutions) within the last five years.
Role Requirements: (further details of the module duties will be provided prior to formal application or on request)
• Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks;
• Examine assessment briefs, exam papers and student work to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education establishments of which the external examiner has experience;
• Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the programme/s and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations;
• Attend at least one examination board/s per year and submit an annual report;
• Engage in communication with the academic and course team.
Please note that External Examiners are required to engage with assessment of both theory and practice elements of the programme where relevant. Previous experience as an External Examiner is not necessary as the University is able to provide mentorship to the successful applicants.
Applicants should have experience of designing and delivering assessment to Level 7 in Counselling, Psychotherapy, Consultative Supervision or other related programmes. Please forward expressions of interest, together with your CV by Friday 22 June to firstname.lastname@example.org