The School of Allied Health and Community at the University of Worcester is seeking an experienced External Examiner for our Post Graduate Award in Professional Development: Social Work Practice Education and the Post Graduate Certificate in Advanced Social Work Practice.
The Post Graduate Certificate in Advanced Social Work is made up of four mandatory modules but students can choose to study only the Practice Educator based modules (PEPS1 and PEPS2) to complete a Post Graduate Award in Professional Development: Social Work Practice Education qualification. Both courses are due to start in March 2021. The Post Graduate Award can be completed in 2.5 years and the Post Graduate Certificate can be completed in 3.5 years.
The successful applicant will be responsible for reviewing the four 15 credit modules delivered at Level 7 and also to review the out-going level 6 module APHS3050 Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE), which will come to an end in March 2021 (following the final assessment and any reassessment for the current cohort).
The modules are as follows:
- SOWK4200 Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- SOWK4201 Practice Educator Professional Standards Stage 1 (PEPS1)
- SOWK4202 Practice Educator Professional Standards Stage 2 (PEPS2)
- SOWK4203 Practice Leadership for Strengths Based Practice
Level 6 (out-going module completion March 2021)
- APHS3050 Assessed and Supported Year in Employment
External Examiners play a central role in the maintenance of the standards of the University’s awards and the currency of the curriculum. They perform this role through:
- the approval of assessment tasks and examination papers
- discussions with relevant academic staff
- the review of samples of student work on modules within the programmes
- the endorsement of marks to confirm that the marks are an agreed, fully moderated and externally examined set of results
- the submission of annual reports
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners
- agreement to programme modifications
Ideal applicants should possess the following:
- Be a qualified social worker, registered with the professional body, Social Work England
- Have expertise in the design, delivery and assessment of continuing professional development in social work education, as evidenced by their current (or previous) post within a higher education establishment
- Experience in practice education
- Previous experience of external examining is preferred, but if appropriate a suitable mentor will be appointed to support an eligible candidate.
- Have not worked for the University of Worcester during the last five years, or been involved in other approval or validation roles within the University
Applications for the post should be made by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and appropriate covering letter and sent to the Course Leader for both of the Post Graduate courses: Diane Asamoah: email@example.com