The Paramedicine team at De Montfort University (DMU) is seeking an external examiner for the BSc (Hons) Paramedicine and DipHE Associate Ambulance Practitioner programmes. The successful candidate will be replacing an outgoing external examiner who will be in post until January 2021. We welcome applicants who are registered as a Paramedic with the Health and Care Professions Council and must have the additional following criteria:
- Applicants should be employed within a University appointment.
- Applicants will be considered if this is their first appointment as an external examiner, although previous external examining experience would be preferable.
The external examiner would be expected to participate in the following:
- External examination of varied assessment types across all of the course modules. Assessment examples include clinical portfolios, examinations, OSCEs, and presentations
- Advising on proposed course and module modifications
- Attendance at Assessment Boards
The appointment will commence from January 2021 for a period of four years. All appointments are subject to approval by the University.