The Faculty of Health, School of Nursing and Allied Health, Liverpool John Moores University requires an External Examiner for the following programmes:
- BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
- DHE Paramedic Practice (Programme ending January 2021)
- CPD Practice Education for Paramedics
The School of Nursing and Allied have delivered paramedic education since 2007. We have a Diploma programme, which will be ending in January 2021. In September 2018 we started our BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science. We now need to replace our current External Examiner starting in September 2020. We would require the external to complete the work required for the diploma until it ends in January 2021.
Twice per year, we deliver a stand-alone CPD, Practice Education for Paramedics, this will be included within the workload.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Hold current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council as a Paramedic
- Have previous External Examiner experience
- Moderate samples of essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising the programme teams on the content and standard of assessments
- Submit module reports and a yearly programme report
- Liaise with other external examiners at LJMU
- Attend the Board of Examiners as required
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will take effect from 1st October 2020 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years. Applicants should have previous experience of being an external examiner, and hold current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
If you are interested in this post please send your expression of interest, together with your current CV to Programme Manager, John Ambrose, firstname.lastname@example.org