The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our new pre-registration MSc Paramedic Science, 2 year course (subject to approval by UWL and HCPC).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in Paramedic Science. The appointment will commence September 2019 (subject to meeting the University’s criteria) and tenure is normally for a period of four years.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Hold current registration with the HCPC as a Paramedic
- Be employed in Higher Education, hold a teaching qualification and PhD (or be working towards)
- Attend an induction
- Moderate samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
- Attend the Annual Review.
- Visit practice annually, meeting with students and Practice Educators.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submit an Annual Report to the University Quality Boards.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor will be appointed. Please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV to:
Laila Paulsen Senior Lecturer, University of West London, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0208 209 4118