The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an external examiner for following modules on the above listed pathways:
o Patient Centred Leadership – Level 6 (15).
o Delivering Quality Care through Work Based Learning L6 (1).
o Dissertation L6 (52).
o Leadership Strategies to Improve the Patient Experience L7 (11).
o Work based learning: delivering quality care L7 (1).
o Preceptorship through work based learning L6 or L7 (65).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in nursing. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will be with effect from March 2016 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
The numbers of students registered on each module will vary – the numbers for the last academic year are indicated in brackets above just as an indication of the workload. The assessment boards are all held on our Brentford campus.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
• Have current registration with the NMC
• Be employed in Higher Education
• Moderate samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
• Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
• Attend the annual Field Reviews.
• Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
• Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
• Submitting an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV to:
Senior Lecturer, Academic Quality Lead
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London
Phone: 0208 209 4118