The Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery, King’s College London is seeking to appoint an external examiner for post-qualification nursing, specifically oncology and palliative care.
We would welcome expressions of interest from senior academics committed to developing the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
The Faculty has approximately 1500 full-time students training to be nurses and midwives and offers flexible and innovative programmes and modules that meet the needs of a wide range of healthcare professionals seeking continuing professional development.
The Role of External Examiner is to assure the quality of awards with respect to national standards. Key duties include:
- Advising boards of examiners on the content and standard of assessment
- Moderating samples of exam scripts and other assessed materials
- Attending boards of examiners to approve pass lists and degree classifications
- Advising on academic misconduct and appeal cases
- Submitting an annual report to the College Principal
An annual payment will be made on receipt of the annual report and expenses incurred when visiting the Faculty at our campus in central London will be met in full.
To express an interest, please send a copy of your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to the email address below;
Head of Student Services