The Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery, King’s College London is seeking to appoint an external examiner for oncology and palliative care and we would welcome expressions of interest from senior academics committed to developing the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
King’s College London is a research-led university based in the heart of London; King’s has 19,300 students from more than 130 countries, and 5,000 employees. King’s has an outstanding reputation for providing world-class teaching and cutting-edge research.
The Role of External Examiner is to assure the quality of awards with respect to national standards. Key duties include:
- Advising boards of examiners on the content and standard of assessment
- Moderating samples of exam scripts and other assessed materials
- Attending boards of examiners to approve pass lists and degree classifications
- Advising on academic misconduct and appeal cases
- Submitting an annual report to the College Principal
An annual payment will be made on receipt of the annual report and expenses incurred when visiting the Faculty at our campus in central London will be met in full.
The Faculty requests that the successful candidate take up the post as soon as possible.
To express an interest, please send a copy of your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to the email address below.