The School of Health and Social Care at the University of Lincoln is seeking an experienced External Examiner for our Mental Health pre-registration nursing programme. The curriculum has been developed from the NMC Standards (NMC 2018).
The successful applicant will be responsible for reviewing 30 credit modules that are to be delivered at level 5 starting in September 2020. We hope the applicant could work with us prior to this to support with the curriculum development of these modules.
The modules are as follows:
Nursing (Registered Nurse – Mental Health) Bachelor of Science with Honours:
- Healthcare Sciences
- Assessing needs, planning and co-ordinating care
- Promoting health and preventing ill health
- Providing and evaluating care
The above modules are all shared learning across Adult, Child and Mental Health field students.
Please see the following links for a full Programme Specification: Nursing (Registered Nurse – Mental Health) Bachelor of Science with Honours https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/course/nurnurub/
External Examiners play a central role in the maintenance of the standards of the University’s awards and the currency of the curriculum. They perform this role through:
- the approval of assessment tasks and examination papers
- discussions with relevant academic staff
- the review of samples of student work on modules within the programme, including practice documents / visits
- the endorsement of marks to confirm that the marks are an agreed, fully moderated and externally examined set of results
- the submission of annual reports
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners
- agreement to programme modifications
Ideal applicants should possess the following:
- Current registration (Mental Health field) & teaching qualification with the NMC
- Relevant experience to maintain comparable quality standards
Applications for the post should be made by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and appropriate covering letter:
Caroline Riley, Student Experience and Professional Standards Officer, CRiley@lincoln.ac.uk