The School of Health and Care Professions at the University of Portsmouth are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified external examiner for a suite of 5 modules (FHEQ levels 4, 5 and 6) shared across a number of programmes in Nursing, Allied Health and Social Work, namely:
- BN (Hons) Nursing (Adult)
- BN (Hons) Nursing (Mental Health)
- BSc (Hons) Advanced Dental Nursing
- BSc (Hons) Advancing Professional Practice
- BSc (Hons) Dental Hygiene
- BSc (Hons) Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy
- BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography and Medical Imaging
- BSc (Hons) Operating Department Practice
- BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
- BSc (Hons) Social Work
The shared modules broadly cover evidence informed practice, research approaches and service improvement and therefore applicants with a background in health or care related research would be particularly welcome. Current relevant experience in higher education along with professional registration in one of the programme areas is essential.
Further information about the role of the external examiner at the University of Portsmouth can be found here.
Informal enquires are welcome. Please contact Sue Rourke (Associate Head Academic), Sue.Rourke@port.ac.uk
Applications: Please send a CV and brief expression of interest (no more than 1,000 words) to Sue Rourke, Sue.Rourke@port.ac.uk by 12.00 midday on Friday 16th October. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment.
Commencement date will be as soon as possible for a period of 4 academic years