The Department of Nursing at Manchester Metropolitan University is seeking to appoint ONE External Examiner for the following programmes:
- Non-Medical Prescribing (including V300 for nurses)
- Community Practitioner Nurse Prescribing (V150)
- Physical examination skills level 6 & 7 CPD unit
The appointment is to start as soon as possible, with a standard tenure of four academic years and one term ending in 31/12/2024.
Duties include moderation of assignment briefs and student work, completion of an annual report and potential consultation on Programme modifications.
Requirements for this role include:
- Applicants must be an NMC Registered Nurse
- Applicants must be on the NMC register as an independent prescriber (V300)
In accordance with Manchester Met’s External Examining Policy, nominees should:
- have relevant professional experience for the role
- have awareness of current developments in the design and delivery of relevant curricula;
- have sufficient academic standing, credibility and breadth of experience within the discipline;
- hold a current post of at least Senior Lecturer level within a Higher Education Institution;
- have knowledge and understanding of external reference points for academic quality and standards, and familiarity with the standard expected of students at the appropriate award level;
- be fluent in English
- have previous experience of External Examining within a UK Higher Education institution
Due consideration will be given to applicants who do not meet all of the above criteria, on a case-by-case basis.
Duties include moderation of assignment briefs and student work, completion of an annual report and potential consultation on programme modifications.
If you are interested and eligible, please apply to email@example.com
Please state the Programme titles in the subject line of your email and include the following:
- Full CV
- Details of any other External Examining appointments you currently hold, including the start and end dates of these appointments
- Details of any involvement you have had with Manchester Metropolitan in the past five years
Expressions of interest should be sent no later than 07/12/2020.
The annual fee for this External Examining post is £400.
NOTE: You will not be eligible for this role if you have had a close involvement with Manchester Metropolitan University or a collaborative partner within the past five years. ‘Close involvement’ may be defined as having been a member of staff, governor or student of the University, or possessing a close professional, contractual or personal relationship with a member of staff or student with an involvement in the Programme (including involvement in collaborative research activity).
For details of how the University collects and uses External Examiner personal data, please see our privacy notice: