External Examiners are typically placed on the Edge Hill University External Examiners Register for a period of four years. Principle duties normally include;
- Visit the University at the least once a year to moderate assessed coursework and examination scripts
- Attend module assessment boards
- Produce an Annual Report
- Review and approve examination papers that contribute to a student’s final award, and any other assessment material as agreed
- External Examiners are also invited to engage with students in practice
- He/she will have excellent underpinning knowledge of the Standards for Nurse Education (Adult) NMC requirements and/or the Standards for Education (HCPC) and Training and HCPC proficiencies for Paramedics.
- Ideally, one external with a working knowledge of both standards would be accepted, however we would also encourage two external examiners with specialist knowledge in either area to apply.
- Should two external examiners be appointed their will be a requirement to collaboratively work with one another to provide the above support for the programme quality standards.
If you would like to discuss specific information relating to the programmes, please contact:
Programme lead MSci Nurse Paramedic (Adult Nurse) – Eleanor Fenney, 01695 657020, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees and Expenses are payable in line with the University policy. Admission to the University’s External Examiners Register is on the basis of satisfactory completion of the University’s Committee and Personnel approval processes, including Right to Work and Reciprocity Checks. Prospective External Examiners are encouraged to send an expression of interest and CV to Susan Wilde, Quality Coordinator (email@example.com) citing the programme title and/or vacancy reference.
Your data will be held and not processed for any purpose other than that for which it has been obtained, in accordance with current Data Protection Legislation until this recruitment process has concluded. Should you be unsuccessful in your application your data will be destroyed securely. For more information, our Privacy Notice is available at https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/externalexaminers/
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professions
Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine
Edge Hill University
Tel: 01695 657736