Edge Hill University, Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine is seeking to engage a HCPC registered External Examiner for the following Programme with immediate effect:
- Vacancy ref: NMA001v3
- Programme(s): MSci Nurse Paramedic
- Closing Date: 30th September 2020
We are specifically seeking to appoint an external examiner with HCPC registration and an understanding of the standards for Education and Training, and the proficiencies for Paramedics in accordance with HCPC regulation.
External Examiners are typically placed on the Edge Hill University External Examiners Register for a period of four years. Principle duties normally include;
- Visit the University at the least once a year to moderate assessed coursework and examination scripts
- Attend module assessment boards and produce an Annual Report
- Review and approve examination papers that contribute to a student’s final award, and any other assessment material as agreed
- External Examiners are also invited to engage with students in practice
- He/she will have excellent underpinning knowledge of the Standards for Education (HCPC) and Training and HCPC proficiencies for Paramedics.
The appointment of the external examiner will be a required to collaboratively work with another External examiner to provide the above support for the programme quality standards.
If you would like to discuss specific information relating to the programme, please contact:
- Programme lead MSci Nurse Paramedic (Adult Nurse) – Eleanor Fenney, 01695 657020, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees and Expenses are payable in line with the University policy. Admission to the University’s External Examiners Register is on the basis of satisfactory completion of the University’s Committee and Personnel approval processes, including Right to Work and Reciprocity Checks. Prospective External Examiners are encouraged to send an expression of interest and CV to Susan Wilde, Quality Coordinator (email@example.com) citing the programme title and/or vacancy reference.