The School of Health Sciences is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our new 2 year MSc Speech and Language Therapy course, which runs for the first time from January 2020. Applicants should be qualified speech and language therapists, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
• Comment on the content of the subject area, particularly with regard to subject benchmarks;
• Examine assessment briefs, exam papers and students’ work to ensure that academic standards are comparable to External Examiner experiences in other UK higher education establishments;
• Provide informative comment and recommendations on the assessment process to ensure this measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the course/s and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations;
• Attend examination board/s and submit an annual report;
• Engage in communication with Academic members of staff and Course Administrators;
Previous experience as an External Examiner is not necessary as the University provides mentorship to successful applicants.
The tenure of appointments is for a period of four years. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval through the University’s Academic Governance processes.
To read more about the role and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.bcu.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=072019-240
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact the Joint Course Leads: