External Examiner required; MSc pre-registration Dietetics (subject to HCPC approval July 2021)
The post will require consideration of portfolios and assessments related to several modules of study.
- Dietetic Theory and Practice 1 – Biopsychosocial patchwork text, case management oral presentation (related to placement 1) and assessment of practice (40 credits)
- Research 1- Literature review and oral presentation (20 credits)
- Applied Physiology, Biochemistry and Nutrition- Dietetic science essay (20 credits)
- Professional Development 1- Portfolio reflective account based on HCPC audit (20 credits)
- Dietetic Theory and Practice 2- Professional practice report related to placement 2, case presentation related to placement 3, assessment of practice (30 credits)
- Research 2- Dissertation (20 credits)
- Professional Development 2- Practice development poster – oral presentation related to placement 4 (20 credits).
Note: Research 1, Professional Development 1, Research 2 and Professional Development 2 are shared modules with the MSc Occupational Therapy and MSc Physiotherapy programmes – only the dietetics element of these will need to be reviewed.
The appointment is to start in Autumn 2021.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced academic staff. The successful applicant will be invited to attend an induction day prior to commencement of the role.
Responsibilities include: commenting on draft assessment guidelines, commenting on draft examination papers, reviewing samples of students’ work, attending meetings of examiners (up to two per year), and submitting an annual report.
Please send expressions of interest in the form of a CV to Robbie Meehan, R.Meehan@uea.ac.uk, 01603 593083.