We are seeking a replacement external examiner for academic year 2020/21 for the MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-registration) course. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the Course Leader and Academic Lead of Physiotherapy. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- Applicant must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- Applicant will have a recognised Physiotherapy qualification, and be Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered.
One External Examiner is required for the full-time, 2 year, pre-registration MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-registration) course.
The role would involve being an external examiner across a range of Year 1 and 2 modules.
Commencement date October 2020 for a period of 4 years.
For an informal discussion, please contact any one of the following:
- Course Leader Krishna Kishore Garikipati, K.K.Garikipati@brighton.ac.uk, 01273 644712
- Academic Lead of Physiotherapy Dr Helen Fiddler, H.Fiddler@brighton.ac.uk, 01273 643657
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont, N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk, with the title of the course in the subject line.
Further information about the School of Health Sciences may be found on the University website at https://www.brighton.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us/academic-departments/school-of-health-sciences