The School of Health & Social Care at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our postgraduate programme in Medical and Clinical Education. These courses form part of our wider continuing professional development (CPD) provision. All modules and programmes are multi-disciplinary in nature.
The current External Examiner for these courses completes their period of office in January 2020. We are looking to appoint an external examiner to the following programmes and modules;
- PG Cert/PG Dip/MSc Medical and Clinical Education:
- HS950 Learning, Teaching and Assessment (level 7)
- HS951 Learning Organisations and Quality Enhancement (level 7)
- HS952 Course Design (level 7)
- HS954 E-Learning in Medical & Clinical Education (level 7)
- HS982 Dissertation for MaCE students (level 7)
Selected CPD modules related to supervision and educational research
- HS619 Applying and Using Learning in Practice (level 6 and 7) (15 cred)
- HS620 Applying and Using Learning in Practice (level 6 and 7) (30 cred)
We would like to appoint an External Examiner who can enhance the quality of teaching and learning within the School and who is experienced in delivering health professions’ education or designing health professions’ curricula. Whilst applications from experienced External Examiners are preferred, academics with appropriate educational and professional experience will be considered.
The appointment will run from January 2020 to September 2024 and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend two examination Boards per year (Boards are held in March, June, July and November)
- To submit the annual External Examiner’s Report.
- To review coursework throughout the year and provide constructive comments
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes
For informal inquires please contact Chris Green, Programme Lead on firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 01206 874980.
Applications should be accompanied by a C.V. to Ms Jade D’Mello, Senior School Administrator, School of Health & Social Care, University of Essex, Kimmy Eldridge Building, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester CO4 3SQ (email@example.com) by 1st October 2019.