We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the MSc/PGDip Advanced Critical Care Practitioner programme. This is an exciting and innovative full time programme of study at Master’s level, where the trainee will exit after completion of the programme with 120 Masters level credits. This course will train clinicians to become competent Advanced Critical Care Practitioners over a 2 year period then they complete the third year option would allow the ACCP’s to develop a clinical focussed project; this innovative project would enhance practice and allow for developmental recommendations to be made to complete their MSc. The course is based on the National Curriculum and Syllabus for ACCPs published by the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine. This position does require the External Examiner to be a Consultant Intensivist or Senior ACCP and have experience of HEI practice.
The appointment will be for 4 years from October 2019 and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend an assessment panel per year and the submission of an annual external examiner report.
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process