The School of Nursing and Allied Health at Liverpool John Moores University is seeking to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified External Examiner for the MSc Paramedicine programme with a view to start on the programme in September 2019.
Students on the programme will be working towards an MSc in Paramedicine, and will share modules with other postgraduate students studying on the MRes and MSc APNP. The programme sits within a wider master’s framework for the School of Nursing and Allied Health.
The External Examiner would be a HCPC registered paramedic, educated to MSc or above, and have at least 3 years’ experience of post-graduate educational provision. A recordable teaching qualification will need to be evidenced.
The appointment will be for 4 years and the commitment required is as follows:
- Attendance at Examiners Boards.
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year.
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentations).
- To engage in communication with the programme lead/team.
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype, and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process.
- To meet the students a minimum of once per year.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. Please submit a CV by email to email@example.com