The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare at UWl, is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our MSc Paramedic Science, 2 year course (pre-registration).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in Paramedic Science. The appointment will commence June 2021 (subject to meeting the University’s criteria) and tenure is normally for a period of 4 years.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Hold current registration with the HCPC as a Paramedic
- Be employed in Higher Education, hold both a teaching qualification and MSc, and ideally hold or be working toward a PhD.
- Attend an induction
- Moderate samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submit an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
There is currently one intake of 32 students each January at our Brentford Campus. The assessment boards are all held either on our Brentford campus on remotely.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed. Please send your expressions, together with a full CV to: email@example.com
Professional Lead for Paramedics
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London