We are seeking to appoint a Subject and Award External Examiner for the MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-registration) programme, School of Health Professions, Faculty of Health and Human Sciences. The external examiner would be an Occupational Therapist with experience of teaching post-graduate educational provision, have a recordable teaching qualification, a current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and a postgraduate qualification.
Modules to be examined include a focus on requirements from HCPC and Royal College of Occupational Therapists to be eligible to register as an occupational therapist, including practice placements, occupational science, inter-professional learning and research. The appointment will be for 4 years with immediate start, and the commitment required is as follows:
- Currently one programme assessment panel and board a year (August) and the submission of external examiner reports
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location), and at least one face to face visit during the term of office, to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to email@example.com by 25 March 2019 or for further information please contact the Programme Lead Dr Rosi Raine on 01752 587591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org