We are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for an exciting new course being developed for the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health. The new MSc Nursing will be delivered online for nurses from the UK and overseas and may be studied full or part time.
The appointment will be for 4 years from December 2017 – December 2021.
We view the role of External Examiner as central to our quality assurance and enhancement procedures. You will assist in assuring that the standards across modules are appropriate and comparable with similar awards at other UK institutions, and that all assessments are carried out fairly.
All modules in this course are mandatory. We are looking for an External Examiner to be responsible for modules covering the following areas:
- Contemporary Issues in Nursing
- Research Methodology, Design & Methods
- Principles of Physical Health Assessment
- The Evidence Base Nursing Practice
- Contemporary Perspectives of Care- Individuals with Long Term Conditions
- Teaching, Learning & Assessment in Nursing
- Nursing & Public Health
- Leadership, Service Improvement and Integrated care
- Masters Dissertation
- have a professional background in nursing
- be working at the level of Senior Lecturer within Higher Education
- ideally have experience in Online Learning and experience as an External Examiner
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit a CV by email to Angela Sanderson, email@example.com by 13th November or for further information about the role, please contact Kim Craig, Course Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.