The School of Health & Social Care at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our pre-registration nursing programme.
The nursing programme were originally approved by the Nursing & Midwifery Council in April 2011 as meeting the requirements of the new pre-registration standards; it is delivered at both the Southend and Colchester campuses of the University of Essex.
The nursing programme within the School includes pathways to four awards:
- MSc Nursing (Adult) (Pre-registration)
- BSc Nursing (Adult)
- MSc Nursing (Mental Health) (Pre-registration)
- BSc Nursing (Mental Health)
This innovative programme is delivered in conjunction with a range of pre-qualifying Allied Health Professional programmes taught at BSc and MSc level demonstrating the School’s commitment to interprofessional education.
For most of the modules the teaching is delivered concurrently with the undergraduate students with extension activities for post graduate students
We would like to appoint an External Examiner for this programme who is appropriately qualified in Adult Nursing and who can enhance teaching and learning within the School. Whilst an experienced External Examiner would be preferred anyone with appropriate educational and professional experience would be considered.
The appointment will be for four years ASAP and the commitment required is as follows:
- Two examination Boards per year (usually April and September) and the submission of annual External Examiner’s Report
- To review coursework throughout the year
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes
For informal inquires please contact Sarah Lee, Head of Group – Nursing and Health Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org, (0)7827880410