The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an external examiner for the following modules on the above listed course:
- Evidence Based Implementation of Improvement Methods,
- Leading and Sustaining Improvement,
- Engaging Others in Improvement,
- The Policy Context of Improvement,
- Improvement Project
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in nursing. Interested applicants must have experience of external examining in at least one other Higher Education Institution. (All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment). The appointment will be with effect from September 2016 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Have current registration with the NMC
- Be employed in Higher Education, and have experience teaching and assessing at levels 6 and 7.
- Moderating samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year, which are held on our Brentford campus.
- Attend the Annual Field Reviews.
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submitting an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
You would be part of a team of external examiners for the Post-registration nursing courses here at the University. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, in the first instance to:
Senior Lecturer, Academic Quality Lead
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London
0208 209 4118