We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the MSc Human Nutrition programme. The programme is based within the School of Health Professions, Faculty of Health and Human Sciences. Students on the programme will be working towards registration with the Association for Nutrition as Associate Nutritionists, and will share modules with undergraduate students studying Dietetics; Nutrition, Health & Exercise; and MSc Advanced Professional Practice students working in practice within a range of health professions.
The external examiner would be a Registered Nutritionist with the Association for Nutrition, and have experience of post-graduate educational provision, and a recordable teaching qualification.
Modules to be examined include a focus on basic and applied nutrition, public health nutrition, sports nutrition, nutritional epidemiology, and research studies.
The appointment will be for 4 years and the commitment required is as follows:
- Currently three assessment panels a year (March, June, and November) and the submission of external examiner reports
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. Please submit a CV by email to email@example.com by 14th Nov or for further information please contact the Programme Lead Dr Desley White, firstname.lastname@example.org