- Global issues in ageing societies
- Multi-morbidity in the older person
- Health and wellbeing of people with dementia
- An integrated approach to frailty
The Faculty of Health Sciences and Sport are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the MSc in Global Issues in Gerontology and Ageing.
The programme is studied on a part-time basis and is delivered entirely online in Canvas, the Universities virtual learning environment. The programme is for health, allied health, social care and third sector staff with experience or supporting older people. Full details of the programme and modules will be provided to appointees.
As an External Examiner you would be required to:
- Monitor the quality of the programme
- Externally moderate assessed work
- Attend one Awards Board per year
- Complete an annual report
- Comment on proposed modifications and the development of new modules
This post will be effective immediately on approval of appointment and the term of office would normally be four years.
Applicants should hold a senior academic post and a PhD. They should have experience of online programme delivery and acting in the role of an External Examiner. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University’s Academic Council.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a detailed CV to:
Aprill Smith, Assessment Co-ordinator, Faculty of Health Sciences and Sport, University of Stirling: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require further information please email Aprill as above, who will forward your query to the appropriate member of staff.