We are seeking a replacement external examiner for the next academic year (2020/21) for the MSc and BSc (Hons) Community Specialist Practice courses. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the course leads and the Continuing and Postgraduate Education Academic Programme lead. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will have a qualification registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a Community Specialist Practitioner either on the District Nursing or General Practice Nursing pathway and in addition ideally will also have internal and external examining experience.
Commencement date October 2020 for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, please contact the course lead:
- Donna Goddard – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont, N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk, with the title of the course in the subject line.
Further information may be found on the University website at www.brighton.ac.uk/cpdhealth