We are seeking replacement external examiners for the next academic year (2017/18) for the MSc and BSc (Hons) Specialist Community Public Health Nursing courses. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the course leads and the Continuing and Postgraduate Education Academic Programme lead. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will have a qualification registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a SCPHN on the third part of the NMC register and in addition ideally will also have internal and external examining experience.
Commencement date September 2017 for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, please contact any one of the following:
- For the BSc (Hons) SCPHN – Jacks Moore, T.J.Moore@brighton.ac.uk
- For the MSc SCPHN – Laura Gilbert, email@example.com
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont, N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk, with the title of the course in the subject line.