We are seeking to appoint MSc Advancing Practice (District Nursing) – 3 year blended learning course and professional development portfolio including prescribing for healthcare practitioners and supporting professional development programmes. These are based within the School of Nursing and Midwifery. The position requires the External Examiner to have a current registration with the NMC and evidence of registration and revalidation will be checked on recruitment. The appointment will commence October 2020; the tenure of appointment is for four years. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University Academic Board. Induction to the role will be given.
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks
- Examine assessment briefs, exam papers and student work to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education establishments of which the external examiner has experience.
- Written assignment are submitted electronically via Turnitin.
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the programmes and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations
- Attend examination boards and submit an annual report
- Engage in communication with the academic and programme team
- Engage with assessment of both theory and practice elements of the programme, where relevant.