The University of Manchester, Division of Nursing, Midwifery & Social Work is seeking to appoint an external examiner with immediate effect for the following programme: APIMH MSc Advanced Practice Interventions in Mental Health (Primary Care Pathway) including the IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) PG Cert qualification.
Applications are invited for examiners that have demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in the following areas at level 7:
- Engagement and assessment of patients with common mental health problems (30 Credits)
- Evidence-based low-intensity treatment for common mental health disorders (30 Credits)
- Long Term Conditions (LTCs) in Primary Mental Health (15 Credits)
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
- Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners. Guidance for External Examiners. The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the required areas.
Expressions of interest, by CV from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues should be sent, by the 6th January 2017 to Katie.Gray@manchester.ac.uk.