De Montfort University is seeking an External Examiner for its Integrated Masters degree apprenticeship in Advanced Clinical Practice from October 2020. The appointment is normally for four years, subject to satisfactory fulfilment of responsibilities. A full induction will be provided.
This three year level 7 apprenticeship degree programme is delivered by the Leicester School of Nursing and Midwifery, in association with local trusts and other levy (and non-levy) paying organisations. These organisations employ the apprenticeship students in the role of trainee ACP for the duration of the degree & are responsible for the clinical development of the apprentices. DMU will be solely responsible for the academic element, including teaching, academic assessment, administration & quality assurance.
The programme enables students to study the four ‘pillars’ of advanced practice that underpin ACP practice.
The ACPDA programme reflects current practice: it is built on a strong ethos of evidenced based practice, ethics & a partnership approach. Students will be encouraged to engage with, & reflect on, practice issues when working collaboratively with others. The assessments are designed to enable students early on in the programme to apply theory & policy directly to practice and to develop advanced problem-solving skills. At the heart of this programme is the recognition that students will leave university equipped to become advanced level practitioners. This clinical experience is vital to the student’s development as ACP.
We are looking for an external Examiner who has:
• Competence & experience in the fields covered by the programme of study, or parts thereof
• Relevant academic and/or professional qualifications to at least the level of the level of the qualification being externally examined, and/or extensive practitioner experience where appropriate
• Competence & experience relating to designing and operating a variety of assessment tasks appropriate to the subject and operating assessment procedures
• Sufficient standing, credibility & breadth of experience within the discipline to be able to supportively influence & engage academic peers &, where appropriate, professional peers. This MUST include extensive & current experience as an ACP.
• Awareness of the complexities of the apprenticeship process.
• Awareness of current developments in the design and delivery of relevant curricula