School of Nursing, Institute of Clinical Sciences, College of Medicine and Dental Science, University of Birmingham
External Examiner required for:
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (Apprenticeship)
- Advanced Health Assessment and Clinical Decision Making – 40 credits level 7
- The Reflective Advanced Clinical Practitioner – 20 credits level 7
- First Contact – 20 credits level 7
- Chronic Disease Management – 20 credits level 7
- Dissertation module – 40 credits level 7
- End Point Assessment – 20 credits level 7
The University of Birmingham are seeking to appoint an external examiner for the above multi-professional Advanced Clinical Practice courses. The external examiner will be expected to contribute to the scrutiny and return of draft assessments/examination papers and the scrutiny and return of student work samples following internal marking and moderation. External examiners will also be required to attend the Biannual Board of Examiners meetings and will be required to submit an annual report.
The appointee will be an experienced academic, with a recognised teaching qualification and will be registered with the NMC, HCPC or GPhC. As the appointed external examiner will scrutinise the Degree Apprenticeship route, the School requires that the candidates have suitable academic and clinical experience in advanced clinical practice.
Previous experience as an external examiner would be an advantage, however the University would be able to support candidates new to the role. All newly-appointed external examiners are invited to the University’s annual Induction Event.
The post will commence in September 2019. The University appoints all external examiners to a standard term of 4 years. Closing date for applications: June 30th 2019.
In the first instance would interested applicants please e-mail, attaching their CV to:
- Louise Beesley (Course Director MSc Advanced Clinical Practice, email@example.com