The University of Wolverhampton requires an external examiner for a range of continuing professional development courses contributing to our undergraduate and postgraduate awards for: MSc Advanced Clinical Practice and BSc (Hons) Emergency Practitioner.
The external examiner will be expected to monitor the quality of the coursework across the modules and courses noted below:
- 7NH015 Health Assessment for Advanced Clinical Practice
- 7NH016 Clinical Reasoning for Advanced Clinical Practice
- 7HW108 Leadership and Governance for Advanced Clinical Practice
- 7HL007 Elder Emergency care
- 7HL006 Paediatric Emergency Care
- 6HW067 Minor Injuries for Emergency Practitioners
- 6HW068 Minor Illnesses for Emergency Practitioners
- 6HW071 Theory into Practice for Emergency Practitioners (Minor Injury)
- 6HW073 Theory into Practice for Emergency Practitioners (Minor Illness)
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
- BSc (Hons) Emergency Practitioner
We are seeking candidates whose areas of clinical professional expertise would enable him or her to monitor the quality of these advanced practice courses and externally moderate assessed work. External examiners are required to attend at least one assessment board a year and complete an annual report.
External examiners are also required to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules within their area of expertise.
The post is for an initial period of 4 years, starting in academic year 2019-2020.
For informal enquiries regarding this post please contact Dr Julian Barratt (Julian.Barratt@wlv.ac.uk), Head of Post-Registration Education.
Interested persons should send their CV to following e-mail address: FEHWquality@wlv.ac.uk