The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint a combined programme and subject external examiner for the for the MSc Adult Nursing Programme.
This role will cover year 1 of the programme which encompasses two 45 credit Knowledge and Skills for Nursing course units. The assessment for each unit is a presentation, a care study and a Biosciences MCQ and short answer exam.
The course units incorporate:
- Public Health:
- Evidence Based Practice
- Heath Psychology and Behavioural Science
- Health Informatics/Digital Health
- Supportive and palliative care
Applications are therefore invited from individuals who have demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing at level 7 in Adult Nursing.
External examiners for the MSc Nursing programme would normally be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years, commencing in October.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. In addition we will provide a sample of Practice Assessment Documents to view via our online learning environment. User guides and support will be available.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years.
- Current registration with the NMC including a recordable teaching qualification.
- Master’s Degree or above in a related subject area.
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area.
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects.
Expressions of interest by covering email or letter and CV should be sent by Monday 19th April to Katie.email@example.com