University of the West of England, Bristol, Department of Nursing and Midwifery, is seeking to appoint an external examiner for modules within our CPD and UG provision. We are undergoing significant developments within the department to meet workforce demands and as such new modules maybe added to the portfolio over the coming year. All modules are delivered at Level 6 and 7 (3 and M).
The following modules are expected to be part of the examiners portfolio:
• Dual Diagnosis: Substance Misuse and Mental Health
• Managing Violence and Aggression
• Medication Management in Mental Health Practice
• Motivational Interviewing: Strategies for Lifestyle Changes
• Working with Self-Harm and Suicide
• Family and Carer work in Serious Mental illness
• Principles of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
• Working with a Person Experiencing Mental Health Crisis
Applications will be accepted from individuals new to the examining role with relevant professional experience. UWE CPD modules can be taken as part of a programme or individually as standalone.
Current NMC Registration Mental Health Field
All appointments are subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of external examiners.
We are unable to accept applications from St Georges and Kingston University for this post.
Tenure: 4 years
Field Boards: currently February, June, July and November. We expect External Examiners would be able to attend at least 2 out of 4 boards.
Further information regarding the role of the External Examiner at UWE can be found at http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/aboutus/departmentsandservices/professionalservices/academicservices/qualitymanagement/externalexaminerresources.aspx
Please submit a CV and covering letter to Angela.Hudson@uwe.ac.uk by the closing date.
For more information contact Angela Hudson on 0117 3288635 or via above email
Closing Date: 26th November 2015