Edge Hill University, Faculty of Health & Social Care is seeking to engage an External Examiner for the following Programme with effect from October 2019:
Vacancy ref: PPE76
Programme(s): MCh Master of Surgery (with multiple pathways)
External Examiners are typically placed on the Edge Hill University External Examiners Register for a period of four years.
Principle duties normally include:
- Review and approve assessment strategies and guidance that contribute to a student’s final award, and any other assessment material as agreed
- Visit the University at the least once a year to moderate assessed coursework and examination scripts
- Attend module assessment boards
- Produce an Annual External Examiners Report, aligned to University requirements
- External Examiners may be invited to engage with students in practice
Applicants need to be a qualified surgeon, be registered with the General Medical Council and be employed at a recognized Medical School.
If you would like to discuss specific information relating to the programmes and more detail regarding the role, please contact:
- June Jones , MCh Programme Lead, email@example.com, 01695 654312
Fees and Expenses are payable in line with the University policy. Admission to the University’s External Examiners Register is on the basis of satisfactory completion of the University’s Committee and Personnel approval processes, including Right to Work and Reciprocity Checks. Prospective External Examiners are encouraged to send an expression of interest and CV to Laura Makin, Quality Assurance Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) citing the programme title and/or vacancy reference.
Your data will be held and not processed for any purpose other than that for which it has been obtained, in accordance with current Data Protection Legislation until this recruitment process has concluded. Should you be unsuccessful in your application your data will be destroyed securely. For more information, our Privacy Notice is available at https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/externalexaminers/
Quality Assurance Administrator
Faculty of Health & Social Care