Staffordshire University Faculty of Health Sciences is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our Lifelong Learning, Undergraduate Continuous Professional Development provision. The successful applicant will be responsible for the BSc (Hons) Professional Development and Contemporary Health Care and a range ofL6 modules which are as follows:
- Caring for people with long term conditions
- An introduction evaluating evidence for practice
- Introduction to long term conditions
- Managing heart failure
- Tissue viability
- Infection prevention and control
- Orthopaedic practice
Staffordshire University offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the course lead and the Academic Group Lead for Adult Nursing.
Applications are being sought from suitably qualified and experienced academic staff to fulfill this role. Applicants will ideally:
- have a professional background in Adult Nursing
- be working at the level of Senior Lecturer (or equivalent) or above
- hold a higher degree at Masters level or above
- be working within a Higher Education Institution
The tenure for this post is for 4 years commencing October 2016
If you are interested in this position or wish to discuss it further please contact Val Nixon – Academic Group Lead for Adult Nursing at the address given below.
Application is via full academic CV.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 30th September 2016
Faculty of Health Sciences