Edge Hill University, Faculty of Health and Social Care, is seeking to appoint a Chief External Examiner to its Integrated Undergraduate Masters Programme in Nursing and Social Work (all fields) with a lead for Social Work:
Vacancy Ref: PRE 61
- MNSW Learning Disabilities Nursing and Social Work
- MNSW Children’s Nursing and Social Work
- MNSW Mental Health Nursing and Social Work
- MNSW Adult Nursing and Social Work
The external examiner would be responsible for all Social Work specific modules within these awards, together with some generic modules. Additionally, the role as Chief External Examiner for these awards will require them to have an overview of all modules in the programmes, which includes oversight of all module and annual reports.
Successful applicants would be appointed with effect from October 2018 for a term of four years, and would be joining an established and supportive external examiner team. External Examiners are required to attend Module Assessment Boards and to complete an annual report. External Examiners are also invited to engage with students in practice and will be invited to attend practical assessments.
If you would like to discuss specific information relating to the programmes, please contact:
- Social Work Focus – Sarah Lyons (Senior Lecturer – Social Work), firstname.lastname@example.org, 01695 657293
- Nursing Focus – Carmel Stopforth (Senior Lecturer – Nursing), email@example.com, 01695 657072
All applicants must be a qualified and registered Social Worker and have an academic qualification at Masters Level or above.
All appointments are subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of external examiners.
Interested individuals should send their CV, quoting the reference of the vacancy, to:
Quality Assurance Administrator
Faculty of Health and Social Care
Edge Hill University