The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint an external examiner for two course units which are delivered at Level 6 and 7 within the following programmes; BSc Nursing/Midwifery Practice (Hons) Programme, MSc Advanced Leadership for Professional Practice, as well as standalone course units;
- Enhancing Competence in the Infection Prevention and Control Professional
- Infection Prevention and Control in Clinical Practice
Due to the practical nature of these programmes it is preferable that applicants have a nursing or relevant other health care professional qualification.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
- Master’s Degree in a related area
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects.
Expressions of interest by covering email or letter and CV should be sent by the 24th May 2021 to Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org