The Leicester School of Nursing and Midwifery, within the Faculty of Health Sciences at De Montfort University Leicester is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our Independent/Supplementary Prescribing (V300) programme at level 6 and 7.
Applicants should hold appropriate academic qualifications including current professional registration with NMC or HCPC and a non-medical prescribing qualification.
Ideally, candidates will have experience in teaching and examining at a UK HE institution, have a good understanding of quality assurance, and have specific subject knowledge in relation to the educational preparation of future Independent/Supplementary Prescribers. Previous experience as an External Examiner is preferred but not essential.
External examiner responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- discussions with academic and administrative teams and students
- consideration of proposed programme modification(s)
- review of assessment tasks and examination papers
- review of samples of student work on modules within the programme, including practice assessment documents/portfolios
- the endorsement of marks to ensure agreed, fully moderated and externally examined sets of results
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners
- submission of annual reports
The appointment will be from October 2021 and will be for a period of four years. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment.
Further details about the course can be found on our website at: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/postgraduate-courses/independent-supplementary-prescribing-v300/independent-supplementary-prescribing-v300-level-7.aspx
How to apply:
Interested individuals should send their expressions of interest together with a full curriculum vitae including your NMC or HCPC registration number, name as it appears on the professional register, details of teaching and external examining experience, along with any other relevant information to email@example.com
For further information about the role contact:
Hilary Field, Non-Medical Prescribing Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org
0116 201 3892