The Professional Development Centre at the University of Lincoln is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our inter-professional Non-Medical Prescribing Programme and Short Course. We have successfully appointed an NMC registrant for this role going forwards, and are keen to secure an HCPC registrant in order to provide the AHP perspective.
Applicants will therefore need to hold current registration with the HCPC.
An ideal candidate will have experience in teaching and examining at a UK HE institution, have a good understanding of quality assurance, and have specific subject knowledge in relation to the educational preparation of future Independent and Supplementary Prescribers.
Previous experience as an External Examiner is preferred but not essential. The appointment will be for four academic years. Further information on the Programme and Short Course can be accessed via the following links:
- NMP Programme: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/course/nmdprepc/
- NMP Short Course: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/course/PRTCRTUI/
External Examiners play a central role in the maintenance of the standards of the University’s awards and the currency of the curriculum. They perform this role through:
- discussions with the academic and administrative teams
- consideration of proposed programme modification(s)
- review of assessment tasks and examination papers
- review of samples of student work on modules within the programme, including practice assessment documents/portfolios
- the endorsement of marks to ensure agreed, fully moderated and externally examined sets of results
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners
- submission of annual reports
Please send your expressions of interest with a current CV to Kathryn Tindall, Programme Administrator: email@example.com
The deadline for applications will be: Friday 15th May 2020.
Applications will be reviewed following this date, with a view to an appointment being made in line with the University’s scrutiny process by the end of May.
The team looks forwards to hearing from you.