We are seeking a replacement external examiner commencing next academic year (2016/17) for the Independent Prescribing programmes for Nurses, Midwives, Physiotherapists and Podiatrists. Applicants are sought with involvement in programmes relating to all four professions.
The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the course lead and the Community Health Academic Programme lead. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken and;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will have a recognised Nursing qualification, and be Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registered.
The role would involve being an external examiner for the following modules;
For NMC accreditation to the Nurse Prescribers’ Formulary
- NC641: Prescribing from the Nurse Prescribers’ Formulary for Community Practitioners (V100 Modes 1 & 2)
- NA6153: Prescribing from the Community Practitioner Formulary for Registered Nurses without a Specialist Practice Qualification (V150)
For HCPC and NMC (V300) accreditation to the British National Formulary
- NA6173: Health Assessment for Prescribing
- NA6174 & NA7137: Clinical and Professional Aspects of Prescribing
The above forms part of the Graduate / Postgraduate Certificate in Prescribing
Commencement date: September 2016 for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, please contact:
Course lead, Stevan Monkley-Poole, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont, N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk.